When Healing and Nourishment are the Doctor Ordered!
I look at food and recipe blogs. I enjoy them. But more often than not, I am in a time-crunch; I am searching for a recipe fast. I need to prepare it even faster. Enter in my Easy Chicken Soup-in an instant (yes, InstaPot!)
Full disclosure: This is not a sponsored or affiliate post. I don’t even own the branded InstaPot. My little sister gave me an knock-off electric pressure cooker. I love pressure cooker (I call it the InstaNot) and I love my sister even more for the gift that gives!
To the recipe!
There is no real recipe.
I make this bad boy when I want to dose myself or family with a quick nourishing meal that keeps the cold and flu or “the blahs” away. It is not fancy; it is very typical. It is budget-friendly. Chicken soup has solid immune-boosting foods naturally, I help mine with a dose of turmeric and a pinch of ginger (not usually a curry blend. Although in a pinch I have and it was great!)
- Red or gold Potatoes (mostly so I don’t have to chop, but Russets will do fine)
- minced garlic (quite a bit)
- minced ginger (a wee bit)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bouquet of herbs if you have it (I grow Rosemary and Basil so usually I through some in, Bay leaf if I have it!)
- broth (chicken or veggie but I have had to use beef–it was still great!)
- chicken (if it is not leftover, I use whatever I have–typically boneless, skinless thighs or tenders–once I used chicken fajita meat and yes, you guessed it–it was great!)
You put everything in the pressure cooker, quick cooking chicken on the top. Cook for about 15 minutes on high pressure cook. If you have a cooker that has a poultry setting you can use that one.
Note: This can easily be adjusted to crock pot or slow cooker. In the pressure cooker, I use about 4 cups of broth, I decrease it by a cup in the slow cooker. The pressure cooker needs the liquid to create the pressure and some will evaporate when it depressurizes.
That is it! A dose of vitamins and immune-boosting nutrients that can go from 0 to table in about 30 minutes with leftovers so you can do this any.night.of.the.week. BOOM! Tell that cold and flu to BACK UP OFF YOU!
Check out the other post with tips to keep the cold and flu at bay here!
Hope you and yours stay healthy!